Sunday, December 1, 2013

Who Wants What We Have?

As we read, write, speak, and post about our beliefs, do we share what we believe or what we don't believe or no longer believe?  As I read what I'm sure are well intentioned posts sharing newly discovered information, will readers receive the information that way?  Isn't it really about time what we believe really shows, by our actions and our speech?  We need to keep in mind, we've got nothing to offer people in what we don't do, but rather in what our Creator has done and what He sent His Son to do.

Y'hshuwah did not just come to die and be resurrected.  Although, without his death, we'd have no hope of redemption, and without his resurrection, we'd have no eternal hope, that was not his only purpose.  Matthew 5:17 tells us, he came not to do away with Torah, but to fulfill Torah.  He came to show us how to live in right relationship to our Creator!  He came to touch a lost and dying world and left his believers with the commission to do the same.  He came to illustrate the Instructions!

When we start reading the condemning posts, what hope is there in that?  I'm not even suggesting a "kumbaya it's all love and good" universal approach, I'm talking about a ministry that follows Y'hshuwah.  For those who have come out of staunch denominationalism, have we brought some of that spirit with us?  I won't do it here, but I can assure you, whether it's real time, mainstream media or social media, I could name names of people who do not present anything I want and do not demonstrate any way I'd like to be.

Here's just a few ideas.  I don't put a Christmas tree or exchange gifts, but I do bake a birthday cake, and even though Y'hshuwah and I both know it's not his birthday, I tell him on behalf of everyone who thinks He's the reason for the season, I think he deserves a cake.  It's not about preaching, it's not about teaching, it's about making my favorite dessert for Messiah, as reality is lost in tinsel and glitter in His Name.  I can tell you right now, it's not Scriptural, it's just what I do from my heart.  No tree, no gifts for anyone else, and no nativity scene, just a cake and song for Him from me.

This year I celebrated Hanukkah while many Americans were preparing pies the night before and again the next evening while many were sleeping off the tryptophan, as well as two since.  If it's not some sort of clue as to the misnomer of Thanksgiving, everyone I heard from was fixing ham for the occasion.   I haven't spun a dreydel this year and I stopped with the Hanukkah gifts a couple of years ago, after discovering the idea of Hanukkah gifts was just a merchandising ploy in America; a sort of Christmas knock-off.

I did see an anti-Hanukkah rant earlier this week about the Hanukkah Menorah having nine candles.  This individual was bantering about nothing in the Bible being in 9, everything was 7.   I do agree that days of the week and High Holy Days do number 7, according to my Bible, the fruits and gifts of the Spirit both number 9.  Hanukkah is the Feast of Dedication, so I see a correlation.   At any rate, a rant to unfriend him for all who would dare to disagree sounded so inviting to his beliefs . . . I do wish I could make the ellipses arch downward.

As for other holidays and beliefs, why don't we get really serious about how awesome our Creator is and how amazing His Son is.  If we are demonstrating the fruits and gifts of the Spirit, like Messiah did, we won't need to focus so much on what we don't believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment