Sunday, January 5, 2014

Significance vs. Service?

In watching so many ministries rise, often in pride, I've never understood the desire for so much prestige or attention.  As a matter of fact, knowing what I was before I came to YHWH, I truly just wanted to be at the door, washing feet.  I have even spoken that desire aloud.  I didn't want to be front and center at all, I simply wanted to welcome the lost and seeking.  I desire to offer refreshing Living Water and anointing oil.  Psalm 84:10 truly is my heart.  For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my G-d, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.  

Having come from tents of wickedness, I felt truly blessed and grateful to simply be allowed to know my Heavenly Father.  My testimony is simple, I was the Woman at the Well and Mary Magdalene both rolled into one, and then Messiah told me all I'd ever done and delivered me.  The only thing that made me worth saving, was the fact YHWH had created me with His purpose and plan, and Messiah died for me.  That is my net worth.  I had nothing to bring and try as I might, I couldn't get anything cleaned up or straightened out.  I wanted to be respectable, truly I did . . .  Once I began to follow Him, I spoke truth, never wanting to deny Him, but center stage is just not my choice of location.

Messiah has gently shown me that following Him in service to the Father, is significant.  He wants the world to see those following Him.  We can't be hidden in the shadows if we are going to bring glory to our Heavenly Father.  The difference is in the light.  We don't need the lime light when we reflect the Light of the world.

As for prestige and attention, in true service to Messiah, the audience is irrelevant to what He asks of us.  That means if a one on one ministry opportunity arises, we are to serve.  If He leads us to where a million people are watching and listening, we are not shrink back.  We are simply to live what we believe and be ready always to give everyone who asks the reason for the hope in us.   I've come to realize; foot washing is mentioned in Scripture more than once, for undoubtedly good reason. Messiah even set the example.  Something so simple as foot washing is significant in service to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment