Sunday, February 2, 2014

At the Name . . .

As these end of days continue to unfold, I've become painfully aware of something that seems consistent with the generations. Seems every time there has been some sort of movement toward Scripture and toward unity, it's only a matter of time til the focus on demons comes into play.

The other day, I saw a couple of videos both emphasizing the existence of demonic forces. I remember this last go round in the charismatic movement, some folks were looking for demons under flower pots. And I'll never forget some gal with a book that had all the “right prayers” for each demon . . . I referred to as the book of "incantations."  Where in Scripture does it tell us to study the enemy?  Where does it say, we have to call spirits by name to make them depart?  In Mark 5, Messiah commanded the unclean spirit to confess it's identity to Him.  In the book of Acts, the apostles simply commanded the spirits to come out of the people.  Over and over, we are told they leave at the Name of Y'hshuwah.  Studying demons is precisely the attention the enemy would like!  

I've really hesitated to even write this, but there isn't time to be side tracked again.   This is serious!  There will be many horrible things happening as the end of days continue to unfold, but many of those things will be because of the four horsemen riding across the earth.  Messiah Y'hshuwah is the one in charge of their release, and we can read in the Revelation 6 of their purpose, and the end results.  Don't give the enemy glory for what Messiah has released.

Scripture very clearly and emphatically states in I Samuel 16 that it was YHWH who sent an evil spirit to trouble King Saul.  We really must be careful about crediting the enemy with something our Creator has done!   

I was sadly discouraged when I saw these videos, made by men claiming to be "led" to do so.  I listened to them make claims of all the powers and tricks of the enemy, doors, bugs, you name it, and I recognized this from 20 years ago, and 20 years before that.  It seems every generation gets all spiritual then decides to dance with the devil.  The enemy is not creative, so it's the same thing over and over and over again . . . As my day progressed, a most curious thing took place.    

As I prepared to leave my house to go to town, my front door was stuck.  It wasn't locked, but would not open.  I rattled and pushed, and to be honest since I have a touch of claustrophobia, considered panicking, but instead I called upon the Name of YHWH.  After praying, the doorknob turned and the door opened.  I can't tell you what was different, except I prayed at the door.  I don't always do that, even though there is a mezuzah on my door post.  It had become more of a door decoration than a reminder . . . not anymore! 

We've got to get serious about seeking YHWH in Y'hshuwah when it comes to spiritual matters.  This Flip Wilson religion isn't going to get us through the end days.  Everything that goes wrong is not "the devil making you do it."  Even witchcraft is a work of the flesh.  We are not victims of the adversary, we are children of the Most High!  Two things we must keep in mind.  Absolutely nothing can affect the people of YHWH without His permission or our choice.  YHWH is omnipresent, the enemy is not.  

All our human knowledge and all our contrived procedures amount to nothing when it comes to deliverance.  Spelling not withstanding, since Hebrew contains no vowels, the point is:  Y'hshuwah means Yah is salvation.    

Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, YHWH rebuke thee.  But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.  Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment