Sunday, November 2, 2014

Greater Things

Y'hshuah said we'd do greater works, and John said the world couldn't contain all the books if everything Messiah did had been documented.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.  John 14:12

And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.  John 21:25

What are we missing?  We aren't even seeing what was recorded in Scripture, much less believing for what is beyond "too numerous" to document.  Why are we willing to settle for so much less and still call ourselves, believers?  What exactly are we believing?  Y'hshuah had not yet come to earth in the flesh as we read of waters parting, manna falling, flour and oil of continuing perpetual supply, the dead raised, fire that doesn't kill three brave young men, and another brave young man who is not consumed by hungry lions . . . Then Messiah comes and heals the sick, casts out demons, raises the dead, and walks on water.  After all that, he says those who believe on him will do great works . . . I want that!  And yet, we have "this" and settle for it.

It can't be obtained in increased knowledge or decoding supposed encrypted passages, or even outside resources.  That's not to say we aren't to seek to know more, because we are.  We are instructed to study to show ourselves approved, but actually we are called to seek to know Him more . . .  So many of us read the Bible as a history book and to be the "smartest kid" in the clique, but knowing the most about the Book isn't the same as intimately knowing the Author.  The book of Acts clearly states that the disciples were not highly educated men, yet they had been with Y'hshuah.   Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Y'hshuah.  Acts 4:13 

Presently, I don't really have the answer to this dilemma, and truthfully, I don't need an answer as to why we don't see it, I want to know and do what it takes for Abba to be able to use me in this manner.  I want Messiah's prophetic word in John 14:12 to be manifest in my life.  I don't really want to focus on why we don't see it, I want to SEE it!  If the very last verse of the gospel according to John tells us that Messiah did so much more than was even recorded, why are we settling for so much less than has been documented?  Is the power lost in the mistranslation of Messiah's Name?  I believe that's a part of it, but I also believe we have accepted the teachings and traditions of man that include a great many of our socially approved solutions into the equation; thus:  mixing holy with profane.

Just as faith and doubt have no place together, neither do love and fear; and most assuredly anything promoted by our current society probably flies in direct opposition to the Plan of our Creator and the Promise of Messiah!

We are going to have to come farther "out from among them and be truly separate" in our walk, talk, understanding, and application of the Word in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment