Sunday, May 18, 2014

Betrayal, Gossip, Lashon Hara, or Truth?

This article may be better placed elsewhere, but on the other hand, asking questions does seem to be religiously incorrect . . . Seems we all have our minds made up about certain things, and there are definitely some things of which we must be sure, but this one, I am not.  Most spiritual matters do seem black and white, but considering the changing tide these past few weeks, I'm searching for discovery in whether or not this matter does in fact include some gray area.

To break a confidence absolutely can be a betrayal.  Most of the people I speak with are very careful in what they repeat regarding the business of others, and I appreciate and admire their integrity.  I also realize there are times in which a person may convey an indirect "need for help" and one must truly weigh out the matter to determine if speaking to another may be the help that is needed.  That is when discernment is parmount.

I'm not one to repeat the business of others, as a rule.  When someone confides in me, I believe it was for me to pray and to offer what help I can, personally.  As for my own personal business, I've never felt very comfortable confiding in anyone.  There are people I've tried to trust and they have made me sorry, every time!  I do actually have three family members that I "confide in" when I need the news to get spread quickly and do not wish to have individual personal conversations on the subject.  In typing this, I now wonder if I'm causing these gossips to stumble . . . Although, it is an efficient method.  The subject matter at hand, however; is much more serious than someone knowing my personal business.

The great falling away, prophesied in Scripture is becoming apparent and as the news of these folks turning their back on Y'hshuwah Messiah, ripples through social media, many are hesitant to name names.  I think I'm leaning toward naming names.  This is a serious matter of everlasting consequence.  I've been praying and seeking for a few weeks now, and this came to me this week, and is certainly confirmed in Scripture.  Moses and Paul named names.  Y'hshuwah Messiah gave clear indication at the Passover seder, who would betray him, and John the Baptist addressed a certain religious group as vipers.

And YHWH spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the congregation, saying, Get you up from about the tabernacle of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram. And Moses rose up and went unto Dathan and Abiram; and the elders of Israel followed him.  And he spake unto the congregation, saying, Depart, I pray you, from the tents of these wicked men, and touch nothing of theirs, lest ye be consumed in all their sins.  Numbers 16:23-26

For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica . . . Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:  Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words. II Timothy 4:10a, 14-15 

To warn others about false teachers, anti-Messiah missionaries, or untrustworthy politicians, I do not believe is gossip or lashon hara.  I'm not talking about differences of understanding on non-salvation issues, in the body; I'm talking about motivational speakers masquerading as ministers, and anti-Messiah missionaries posing as confused seekers.  Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;  II Thessalonians 2:3

As for untrustworthy politicians, I'm beginning to think 'untrustworthy' and 'politician' are just interchangeable terms!  If a ruler hearken to lies, all his servants are wicked.  Proverbs 29:12

I do have or I should say did have "friends" on social media who have publicly stated they have stopped believing Y'hshuwah is Messiah.  My first thought toward them, was they had only "tasted of religion or an experience" and couldn't have truly met Messiah.  Hebrews 6:4-6 indicates it is possible to choose wrongly after experiencing the goodness of YHWH in Messiah.  For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of G-d, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of G-d afresh, and put him to an open shame.  The interactions and communication reduce rapidly with those who have claimed to walk with Messiah and now openly deny Him.   Once the statement of denial is made, they seem to demonstrate a completely different style of socializing.  Knowing they are campaigning for the enemy, now, I do try to avail myself to any and all who have witnessed this display of denial, but are genuinely seeking.

If anyone has a question about some of the doctrines or teachings of the "mind-changers" please do not hesitate to ask.  If I have any public information, I will share what I know.  Even amongst the devout, truth, is sometimes mislabeled as gossip or lashon hara.  This is a matter of eternal consequence.  Both political parties are moving toward the NWO.  Our military and law enforcement 'work' for the powers that be, and the great falling away has begun!  
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of G-d: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.  Hereby know ye the Spirit of G-d: Every spirit that confesseth that Y'hshuwah Messiah is come in the flesh is of G-d:  And every spirit that confesseth not that Y'hshuwah Messiah is come in the flesh is not of G-d: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.  I John 4:1-3

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you posted this, I felt I had to out someone I love this morning and it was very heartbreaking for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Word confirms and comforts, in the difficult tasks.

    ReplyDelete