Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Bridegroom

In witnessing the great falling away, prophesied by Paul in II Thessalonians 2, I see the chasm widening of what once was simply a line in the sand.  There is no gray area in this matter.  This great falling away that Paul warned about is happening in several ways, and has been for years.  The first great falling away was official under Constantine's rule.  Obviously much was being lost after the first century believers, but by the fourth century AD, lawlessness was made law!  It began with separating Sabbath from the new first day of rest to politically appease the pagans of Rome.   It was through this time that other religions also sprang up and have continued.  Islam began in the 7th century.  These Torah-less religious paths continued for nearly a millennium through the Dark Ages into the renaissance, with humanity doing what was right in their own eyes, while the pope told the illiterate masses what they should believe.  Witchcraft and sorcery gained a resurgence through the renaissance period.

When Martin Luther translated Scripture into the language of the common man, there was still a great deal of illiteracy, as well as his own anti-Semitism.  So the Protestant reformation really didn't protest the lawlessness of the Roman Catholic church.  The protestant movement basically protested against the Pope and established their own doctrines of what was right in their own eyes.  There is little Biblical difference between Catholicism and the Lutheran denomination which is named for Martin Luther.

There are approximately 41,000 Christian denominations in current estimations.  Obviously, the differences are varied.  Although I do not call myself a Christian, I place my hope of resurrection and everlasting life in Messiah Y'hshuwah's perfect obedience, death, and resurrection.  He made the way, he is The Way to a relationship with our Creator, who is YHWH.  I do not believe in the separation of "The Testaments," nor do I believe Torah was rendered obsolete at Calvary.  Y'hshuwah clearly said he did not come to abolish Torah, but to fulfill.  He set the example of what it is to walk in obedience to the Instructions given to Moses at Sinai.  The need for sin sacrifice ended at Calvary, but obedience to Torah is to follow Messiah.  The Protestant Reformation didn't bring Christians back to discipleship or the lifestyle of 1st century believers.  It is still part of the great falling away, but there is yet another movement of the great falling away, and it's big.

In the realization that Christianity has missed some major fundamental truths, many are leaving the churches.  The empty promises of a "self-serving god" have been revealed as just that, empty promises of those who preach with self-serving motives.  The move away from mainstream Christianity has brought some to the truth, while others simply insist upon keeping Torah and Messiah separated.  This new trend is exactly the opposite of Constantine's Christianity, but on the same continuum.
There are a growing number of former church members, who are now claiming to embrace Torah and reject Messiah.

The first time I heard John 6:66 in dealing with someone, I was devastated.  From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.  That was over a decade ago.  In studying this passage the realization occurred to me that this recorded circumstance was not just a one time event.  It continues to take place to this day.  As I'm watching more of this great falling away, I've been led to Hebrews 6:6.  Interesting both references contain "the number 6, the number of man."  If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of YHWH afresh, and put him to an open shame.  

I'd like to offer a personal illustration, from a woman's perspective, not to reduce the gravity of this situation, but rather to bring to light, just how personal a relationship with Messiah is.  To renounce Y'hshuwah Messiah, my Bridegroom, and expect our relationship to remain unchanged is utter pomposity!  Recently, I have read and listened to testimonies of salvation, only to later hear, they have "progressed" in their spiritual journey to reject Y'hshuwah Messiah.  This flagrant display of rejection toward someone I love more than life itself, leaves me with this lingering line of questions . . .



What if I told you I didn't really care for your husband and thought everything he said was a lie?  What if you shared, glowingly, how much he has done and I simply shrugged my shoulders in disregard?  What if your husband had a career in public service, fire protection, or military, and I said, "he didn't do it for me?"
Would you count me a friend?


1 comment:

  1. Amen, I would never denounce a friend's husband and expect her to listen to me or remain my friend, and I would never be buddies with anyone who slanders my beloved husband. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete