Sunday, January 25, 2015

Speaking Out

Early the other morning through prayer, I heard a simple question and a concise statement regarding the "great falling away."  First the question.  "How can a group of a few hundred people who cannot agree on a name to call themselves, a day of the week, or when the month begins even be considered a "great number?"  Now the statement.  "Men who speak to tens of thousands every week under a generic title of cohesiveness, while endorsing a Pope who endorses Islam could indeed lead a "great falling away."

Rick Warren "Our Pope"

"I love the fact that's he's made the Church more inclusive," he said. "Not trying to make it smaller, but to try to make it larger — to take everybody in. So, that just resonates with me," Osteen added.

I never really thought of needing a religious label, although it does come up now and again.  I've been a Torah observant follower of Messiah since before the turn of this century.  I still remember the day I clearly heard The Name of Messiah, then the many aspects of our Creator with His Name.  That also occurred before the turn of this last century.  I've known my call, since I first heard our Creator speak it to me, so servant of YHWH, follower of Y'hshuwah has always been adequate for me.  Our gracious Heavenly Father has let me know, He calls me His child, and we find in the Matthew 12:50, Y'hshuwah calls us siblings.

As of late, however; I've come to understand humanity has many labels, most of which can seem a bit confining.  The Hebrew Roots Movement was never attached to me, although for a time I did try to generically use the term, Messianic, but as it turns out, I seem to go in the "Sacred Namer" category.  Having had the "cult" word aimed at me through the years, that now tends to fall on me like water off a duck's back.  The apostles were referred to as the Sect of The Way, and I've grown to love that label.  Paul is quoted in Acts 24:14 to state, "But this I confess unto thee, that after The Way which they call heresy, so worship I the Elohim of my fathers, believing all things which are written in Torah and in the prophets:"  In checking the original Greek, it would appear the religious right of the day, considered the apostles to be heretics.  The terms sect and heresy were both translated from the same Greek word: Hairesis.

In studying just how many verses Paul wrote in his epistles that can be chosen to be interpreted to be anti-Torah, a realization has come to me.  There are a great many verses in Paul's writings that confirm Torah.  There is also another correlation with Paul and Moses.  According to Acts 17:23 Paul makes a very concise statement that the Creator of the Universe does in fact have a Name and title.  There is absolutely no doubt, once Moses encountered that burning bush, he came down that mountain a "Sacred Namer."
And Elohim said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, YHWH Elohim of your fathers, Elohim of Abraham, Elohim of Isaac, and Elohim of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is My Name for ever, and this is My Memorial unto all generations.

Being a "Sacred Namer" may get you thrown out of some groups, but it also lands you in pretty good company!

No comments:

Post a Comment