Sunday, July 27, 2014

As a Roaring Lion (Part 2)

As we continue down the list, we'll have to admit most of us overuse the term, miracle.  The actual "working of miracles" is done by the power of Ruach HaKodesh and the human used in that, takes no credit for him/herself, nor does he/she charge for his/her time or appearance.  I am YHWH: that is My Name: and My glory will I not give to another . . .  Isaiah 42:8  A doctor that sends you a bill may in fact have made you feel better or removed what he thought made you feel bad, but that's not a miracle.  A traveling ministry show may make all sorts of claims, but when the signs are printed and the time is set, that's placed a man in charge of the show . . . and G-d doesn't have to do command performances.  As a matter of fact, Numbers 14 gives a perfect example of what happens when folks are disobedient, then presumptuous and expect a command performance.
But they presumed to go up unto the hill top: nevertheless the ark of the covenant of YHWH, and Moses, departed not out of the camp.  Then the Amalekites came down, and the Canaanites which dwelt in that hill, and smote them . . . Numbers 14:44,45a
YHWH still does move in miracles and uses His servants in that, but they don't paint signs and buses with their names on them, and they don't sell tickets, and they don't schedule G-d!  Those following the Lion of the Tribe of Judah give all glory to YHWH, not just the lip service of a big show.  The counterfeit lion likes the credit.

As end time prophecy continues to be fulfilled, there are a number of "prophets" appearing everywhere from the local charismatic gathering to social media to elaborate websites.  My eyebrows go a little funny when I see the titles on social media . . . Prophet So and So or Prophetess Such and Such.  I even visited a brick and mortar "place of worship" that actually had a sign showing the prophet's schedule and hours for appointment . . .  Just as in miracle ministries, scheduling a prophecy is really shaky ground.  To use a Biblical term, I'd say "sinking sand" or at least "shifting sand."  Ruach HaKodesh doesn't need to make an appointment with His servants.  His servants avail themselves to Him, at all times.  If you make an appointment specifically for a "prophecy reading" you may be playing with the same counterfeit roar as the psychic network.

I know a little something about discernment, because I asked for this gift.  Before becoming a believer, I took everyone's word for everything, and did not make sound judgments or decisions.  I confessed that to Abba, and asked for the gift of discernment, so I didn't continue in that error.  The first time I saw a spirit, was sadly in my very own home and I really made a mess of that . . . My daughter had just moved out, and I saw it in her room, up by the ceiling fan.  I cast it out of the house . . . unfortunately my husband's dog was outdoors and it entered him.  It was just like in Mark 5!  I felt horrible.  I was young in YHWH and very zealous at the time.  The next one I saw was an horrible little mess, sitting on the preacher's wife's shoulder.  That was when I learned many entertain familiar spirits and have no desire to be delivered.  The immature zealotry has given way to bold maturity and wisdom has been graciously gifted to operated in tandem with discernment.  Gifts of the spirit really do lead in opposition from the works of the flesh.  If you think your natural talents are the same thing as the gift of the Spirit, you may be hearing the counterfeit roar.

Next week, I'll share what I've been shown about tongues and the interpretation.


No comments:

Post a Comment